The Washington Spirit will hold open tryouts in preparation for the 2021 NWSL season on February 18-19, 2021 at Segra Field. Registration is currently open.
The tryouts are open to players 18 years of age and older with previous college or professional experience. Athletes can register up to February 16, 3:00 pm ET. The registration fee for the open try-out is $75 and is non-refundable.
To participate in the NWSL, you must have either: forgone or exhausted your college eligibility or will graduate in the 2020-2021 year. Players who register but were not selected during the 2021 NWSL College Draft will qualify to be acquired as a Discovery Player during the 2021 season. Players who did not register will not be eligible to be on the roster of any NWSL team until the conclusion of the 2021 NWSL season.
You must present a COVID19 Negative test taken no more than 3 days prior to the tryout.
To complete registration, please have the following documents ready to upload during the registration process.
- Front of Insurance Card
- Back of Insurance Card
- Completed and signed NWSL Waiver (download and print)
Thursday, February 18, 2021: 10:00 am – 3:00 pm
Friday, February 19, 2021: 12:00 pm – 1:30 pm
42095 Loudoun United Dr.
- White shirt, black shorts, and black socks.
- Participants must prepare for OUTDOOR training. You will be responsible for all gear suitable for the weather.
- Bring your own water bottle.
- A lunch break will be provided for players to eat on their own between 11:30–1:30 on Thursday.
For players still in college who are interested in playing for our Reserve Team, please contact Sporting Operations at email@example.com.